Transforming lives through educational experiences.
The Foundation of Monroe County Community is engages community support to inspire learning, enrich teaching, and enhance educational opportunities of all MCCSC Students.
Served in 2014-2015:
- 10,900 students benefited from 26 grant projects totaling $31,046
- 1,384 students were impacted by a grant used to purchase to books for use in classroom libraries and books that were given to students for home libraries
- 1,300 books purchased for MCCSC Libraries
- $72,180 to support literacy instruction. Projects include: Real Men Read, Intervention resources at all grade levels, Summer Immersive Reading at Arlington Elementary, and Professional Development speakers at the Learning Summit.
- $55,970 was awarded to high impact STEM programs including Project Pavegen, Project Lead the Way – Gateway to Engineering at JCMS, Anatomy Labs at BSHN and BHSS to support new curriculum.
- 39 upperclassmen were awarded with scholarships and awards totaling $11,050
- 22 high school students received Personal Achievement Awards
Since 1973, the Foundation has provided more than 1,597 grants in 23 schools to support over 370,000 students.