Investing In Our Children, Investing In Our Future
The Foundation of Monroe County Community is dedicated to providing resources to improve and enhance the educational development of all MCCSC Students. This year marks 40 years of service to the educators and students of MCCSC.
Served in 2012-2013:
- 10,800 students benefited from 61 grant projects totaling $63,376
- 1,384 students were impacted by a grant used to purchase to books for use in classroom libraries and books that were given to students for home libraries
- 10,800 students benefited through Funding for Literacy Cohort Training
- 1,131 books purchased for MCCSC Libraries
- 762 students were impacted by STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) funding
- 33 upperclassmen were awarded with scholarships and awards totaling $13,230
- 23 high school students recieved Personal Achievement Awards
- A new telescope donated to Bradford Woods
Since 1973, the Foundation has provided more than 1,530 grants in 23 schools to support over 340,000 students.