Transforming lives through educational experiences.
The Foundation of Monroe County Community engages community support to inspire learning, enrich teaching, and enhance educational opportunities of all MCCSC Students.
Served in 2015-2016:
- 11,500 students benefited from 37 grant projects totaling $27,291
- 850 kindergartners worked with 39 community MENtors to improve literacy skills in our Real Men Read Program. Each student was given 5 leveled readers to build their home libraries.
- 1,312 books purchased for MCCSC Libraries
- $102,435 to support literacy instruction. Projects include: Real Men Read, Intervention resources at all grade levels, Summer Immersive Reading / Jumpstart Program, .
- $31,503 was awarded to high impact STEM programs at Grandview Elementary and the FMCCS Science Resource Center.
- $15,575 was provided to build a ceramics studio for Fairview’s Artful Learning Program
- 39 upperclassmen were awarded with scholarships and awards totaling $14,750
- 19 high school students received Personal Achievement Awards
Since 1973, the Foundation has provided more than 1,644 grants in 23 schools to support over MCCSC students.